DOT Medical Exams for CDL Drivers
Certified DOT Physical Exams in Rockford, IL
We are Rockford’s certified medical examiner for DOT physical exams for CDL medical certificates. Your exam will be thorough, quick and efficient, getting you back on your way. Upon passing the exam, you will receive your certificate at that time.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires all applicants to complete a comprehensive physical exam in order to qualify for and obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). This exam ensures that you are healthy and physically fit enough to operate a commercial vehicle without risk of injury to yourself or others.
Department of Transportation Physical Exams
Physical exam interpretation
– Drivers operating a vehicle over 10,000 lbs. are required to carry a medical card.
– Drivers operating a vehicle over 26,000 lbs. are required to be drug tested.
– Blood pressure reading below 140/90 may allow for a 2 year medical card.
– Keep your BMI < 33 to help avoid sleep apnea testing.
– An implantable defibrillator, disqualifies a driver for the medical card.
Recommendations for Day of Exam
– Avoid smoking for at least two hours prior to the physical exam.
– Drink plenty of water prior to the physical exam and stay hydrated.
– Avoid coffee, tea, soda and hot chocolate the day of the exam.
– Take any normal routine prescription medications on time.
– Allow enough time to get to your appointment to avoid stress.
Bring to DOT Physical Exam
– Bring current driver’s license and one additional form of ID.
– Know your medical history, past surgeries and all current medications – bring a list.
– Bring a list of prescribing doctors for all medications.
– Bring eye glasses, contact lenses or hearing aids if applicable.
– Be prepared to provide a urine sample.
DOT Medical Cards for CDL Drivers
Redefine Wellness of Rockford provides Department of Transportation physical examinations for the medical card requirement of CDL licensed drivers. Our certified DOT medical examiner provides physicals at 6080 Elaine Dr. Suite A, Rockford, IL 61108. Call to request your appointment: (815) 398-0880 or contact us to request an appointment.